The Immigration Police here in Chonburi have asked us to clarify the duties YOU have when a foreign visitor stays in you HOME,  (House, condo, owned or rented)

We have tried to simplify this as much as we can and in addition to the video, we include an English and Thai transcript which has been approved by Immigration at Jomtien.

You can also download the form you will need from here ( below)

Meanwhile clicking on the picture below  will play the complete report

( Media Note: as this is an advisory we welcome “sharing” the content of this post in its entirety but on the condition that credit and link be given to this post, )


download the form you will need from here

tm30 Fab103 Immigration  ( right click on that link and press SAVE to download to your PC)

or from the Immigration document site


It IS possible to report online.  TO do that you will need to register first as a USER with the Immigration website.  Once accepted you can then report online.  the links, as supplied by Immigration to us , are:



Transcript in Thai   FULL VERSION  CLICK HERE

เรื่อง การเผยแพร่ข้อมูลข่าวสารต่อสาธารณะ โดย Fabulous TV Pattaya และ Fabulous 103FM ข้อมูลที่จะกล่าวถึงเป็นการเผยแพร่ข่าวสารไปสู่ประชาชนด้วยความถูกต้อง ในนามของด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดชลบุรี

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดชลบุรีได้ขอให้ทางบริษัทสื่อ Fabulous Pattaya Media Group ทำการเผยแพร่การปรับปรุงกฎหมายเกี่ยวกับคนต่างด้าว(ที่ไม่ใช่คนไทย) เพื่อให้ข้อมูลแก่แขกที่เข้าพักในโรงแรม ผู้เช่าคอนโด รวมไปถึงผู้ที่อาศัยในบ้านส่วนตัว ทั้งเจ้าของบ้านและผู้อยู่อาศัยร่วม

ข้อบังคับนี้เป็นส่วนหนึ่งของพระราชบัญญัติการเข้าเมืองในประเทศไทยมาตรา 37 และมาตรา 38 พ.ศ. 2522







  1. So is this only for Chomburi or does this have to happen in all provinces of all Thailand?

    • It applies in a similar fashion in every Province. this advisory was created at the request of Chonburi Immigration

  2. Right now the immigration offices that are rabid about the TM.30 are Jomtien, some of the southern offices (Phuket, the islands), Chiang Mai and that’s about it.
    At this time in Bangkok they don’t care in the least if you or your landlord has ever filed a TM.30.

  3. If you rent an apartment. And the owner does not report

    How should I know as a tourist about this?
    And how can I report my residence as a tourist?
    If the owner does not do this?

    • i think we got that covered in the Question answered by imigration… you might ike to check that

  4. I guess to track or follow this, one must leave a reply? Had a rough couple of days. It is nice to find this information. Wondering what the relationship between the radio station and immigration are?

    I have a few issues with the USA certification of income in lieu of the bank deposits. Anyone else have any thoughts or comments on this or the procedures? Best way to submit comments or is there no way to improve the issues that seem to exist? I do, in fairness, feel that the USA procedures for Thai’s are in many ways so much worse and arbitrary. Comments there are welcome too.

  5. Easily the most clearly well explained presentation on the subject because I have heard so many variations. Well done 103! might I suggest you send this presentation to the local expat clubs because they are as confused as anything.

  6. I was issued with a ‘Non-Quota Immigrant Visa’ some 52 years ago but I have never been able to find out exactly what my rights are apart from the obvious one of not having to go through the usual visa problems. I know that Thailand has not signed up to the UN Human Rights for Immigrants protocol, or whatever its official name is, but perhaps somebody knows what the rights that an immigrant of 52 years actually has or can enjoy?

  7. Down loaded the form , wouldn’t accept at immigration, because it’s a new practice on an existing law I don’t think anyone in immigration knows what’s going on !

  8. Well explained , but easier said than done , soi 5 immigration would not accept the form I downloaded but gave me an almost identical form for my Thai girlfriend who is a remnant. They then said it’s for the landlord to do, became a joke in the end .

  9. Great explanation. Please can you answer a question: What is the protocol if a retirement visa holder, with a multi entrance permit, leaves the country for a holiday and returns to the same address. The address (as registered every 90 days)will have been re-registered on entry so are they obligated to report to immigration?

2 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. Immigration Police เวอร์ชันภาษาไทย | Fabulous 103 FM
  2. Your Immigration Questions Answered in Pattaya | Fabulous 103 FM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.